Professional Integration of Identity Literacy
IdentityLiteracy.org offers several services to institutions.
An "Identity Audit" which conducts a full evaluation of the extent to which an institution's policies and practices contribute to, or negatively impact, identity literacy.
Design or Co-Design of Identity Literacy Curriculums, CPD Modules, and Lesson Plans for FE, Initial Teacher Education, Schools, and sector-specific training programs.
Community cohesion building and communications' consultancy service.
- Understand how to help children develop forms of identity that promote resilience, problem solving and self-actualisation
- See how fixed identities can make children vulnerable to radicalisation, bullying and prejudice and learn ways to prevent these from taking hold
- Learn various ways in which identity literacy can be achieved through classroom activities, educator interaction, school policy making and community engagement
- Connect with other educators with the same goals and share resources
- Developed and delivered by the Organization for Identity and Cultural Development - OICD - an organization with two decades of real world experience adapting cutting-edge academic findings to sectors such as conflict transformation and education
WHAT WE OFFER
- Online and in-person research, training, and consultancy services, to help educators understand - 1) How Identity Works 2) How to “Read” Identities, 3) Applying Knowledge in Practice
- Accessible companion workbooks and lesson plans (in collaborative development)
- Supporting academic articles
- Access to an interactive Slack group to engage with peers, instructors and facilitators
- Bespoke solutions to integrate identity literacy into policy and practice
- Community outreach and parental communication strategy development
I found this perspective so powerful - I have been talking about it to everyone I meet whenever I get the chance. I think about it all the time, the concept is so powerful and effective from early relationships to global conflict.Jo Grant Secondary School LSA
The piece our school didn't even know we were missing!Michelle Omoboni - Deputy Head Teacher St James Hatcham CE Primary School